• sanniesshop-banner.gif.d86ea02547aa126c899b25f607244aaf.gif sanniesseeds instagram

Al veel gelezen over die Panama , lijkt me een ongelooflijk lekker soortje :verrygood

Hoe groot worden ze en hoe lang moeten ze ?

Ziet er mooi uit , veel success !

Zo hey, zeer indrukwekkende plant opbouw, echt mooie soortjes, en je camera mag er ook wezen.. :verrygood

Mooie planten hoor, volgens euSeedfinder een 100% headhigh.

Ik heb kennelijk ergens iets gemist sinds tegenwoordig kennelijk gewoon pure sativas zoals C5 haze binnen gekweekt worden. Ik dacht dat die niet te controleren waren qua groei en altijd zeer lang bloeiden, das al achterhaald dus.

@Psyclone

Ik ben eigenlijk nog weinig literatuur over de Panama tegen gekomen. Ik ben vooral geïnteresseerd

in informatie uit de jaren 60/70. Als je hier bronnen kan delen, be my guest. :specool

Ze zijn bij mijn ongeveer (exclusief pot) 1,50 hoog met uitschieters tot 1,80. Ik verwacht dat ze bij

elkaar zo'n 14 a 15 weken moeten staan. Voor een ander kan dat weer heel anders uitpakken, pin

je er dus niet op vast.

@Krasi

De planten opbouw is inderdaad indrukwekkend. Bij sommige pheno's begint de cola al bij 30 cm

all the way tot 1,50 cm, dat is behoorlijk lang. :whistling

@polletje

Dan zeg ik: :verrygood

@Jahvisions

Volgens mij hebben een heleboel mensen iets gemist. Het is fantastisch toch dat je zulke sativa's

binnen kunt kweken. Of het rendabel is (wat ik ook belangrijk vind) moet ik zelf nog uitvinden.

Maar het kan, dat staat vast. Ik moet wel opmerken dat C5 haze genetisch gezien geen pure sativa

is. Het is een pheno uit NL#5 x Haze, dus indica invloed. Al heeft Neville wel een sativa dominante

pheno geselecteerd. Die Caribe van mij is dus ook geen pure sativa (Jamaica x Jamaica/NL5/Haze)

Er is inderdaad niet echt heel veel over te vinden en het meeste staat dan nog in boeken van die tijd , niet online .

Misshien heb je dit al gezien :

"The Legend of Panama Red

By: Anonymous

In this story you'll learn who and how this 12 ton load of Panama Red was smuggled into California.

Have you ever heard the legend of Panama Red? I mean you have heard of Panama Red haven't you? Well here's the true story about a load that came into California, in 1969.

I drove up Highway 1, to Maple Street, in Tam Valley, and turned left. If you know where this is, it's near Mill Valley. I went to my connection's house to see what exotic weed had come in. He had Yucatan Green, which was fully filled into white plastic bags. It had a fruity aroma, and you could uncoil the kiwi colored green leaves back into their natural finger and hand shapes. I'd never seen weed cured this well. It was somehow cured like pliable tobacco leaves. The price was $150. a pound which was a lot back in those days. Next a brown grocery sack came out of the closet, which I noticed was full of both white plastic bags and the brown grocery bags. From my quick glance I estimated about 10 bags of weed in all.

As the top of the brown bag was unfolded I immediately smelled the strong aroma of fresh tilled earth, perhaps the smell when you turn over a mulching log, combined with red clay. Then I distinguished another smell. The smell of fresh earth was mixed with a strong hashish smell. A handful of the well dried small buds was pulled out and laid on the stainless steel plate of the triple-beam. I was in wonder as I had never seen any weed that wasn't green or gold. To my amazement these small buds were a bright rusty color. Not brown like the Colombian Gold I scored a few years later, but you know, a rusty red color. I asked: Where's this weed from?

My connection told me the story.

This is Panama Red. This stuff grows in the mountains north of the Panama Canal. The soil is red to black, with rain all the time. It's impossible to get this weed, but I have access to about a ton of it.

How much is it for a pound, I asked him.

It's $220. a pound. My wad of cash choked in my pocket, as I had thought that the Yucatan green was expensive. He could read me. He pulled out a paper from his Zig-Zag pack, and rolled a pinhead joint. Then he lit it up, making a yellow flame as the empty paper end burned into the weed. He took the first puff, which sent off, two thin intertwined lines of blue gray hashish like smoke, heading towards the ceiling.

He was already well stoned from encounters with his earlier customers, and when I first walked into his home I had noticed how his eyes were glazed over. He looked like the poster of a wizard, with his long hair, beard, and crystal ball eyes. If this were possible, he looked even more euphoric from the one hit; and his eyes rolled back, and closed, as he slowly stabbed the smoking pinner across the table in my direction. As I reached out for it, he said in a choked breath while exhaling smoke: You'll probably never get weed this good again.

I knew his word was always true. My connection and his group had smuggled hashish from Afghanistan, India, and Morocco. He'd been busted for importing hash in the bottom of a crate of snakes. He always had exotic weed and hash. He wouldn't mess around with the weed I could get from the pilots in my part of the state. The only stuff I could get in my area was Mexican weed which ran about $80. to $120. a brick. We called this weed, reg, for regular. The reg kilos or bricks came wrapped in red, green or blue construction paper and was taped off with masking tape. This was the regular bottom line, non-exotic, weed that was somewhat harsh to the throat, but got you stoned. We resold for $10. a lid, or if you weren't around back then, a lid is an ounce.

The hashish smell of the pinner was overcoming my thoughts, as I took a hit of pure heaven. The smoke was so smooth, with a taste just like it's unburnt smell of fresh clean earth and hashish. I thought it tasted like Lebanese Red hash, mixed with fresh earth, as I barely watched the smoke vining it's way upwards. It was hash without the bite. Then the stone came on as I took my second hit. My senses suddenly kicked into hyper space as I became acutely aware of everything. My hearing, my thinking, my senses were all rocketed into Stonesville, which is a different place for every one of us. Within a minute I realized I was really stoned. I laughed. Shortly after three hits, I started seeing trails, colors, and realized this weed was a psychedelic high too. Lots of colors, and laughs, in a mellow floating state. A weed to bring out your innermost thoughts, to philosophize, about the finer points of life and existence, with those of like mind.

In 1969, I bought five pounds of Panama Red, which is the most stony weed I have ever smoked, even to this day. When I got back home where the local Hippies were used to the $10. price of an oz., of reg, I knew I couldn't sell this rusty red weed. First, since it wasn't green, they wouldn't believe it was weed. Second, the price would be about four times what they were used to paying for an oz. of reg weed. I kept telling myself nobody was ready for this rusty weed which would send anybody, especially these locals to heaven. I knew that if I rolled pinners, it would take me years to smoke all of this exotic weed. I figured at least 80 joints to an oz., and I had 80 ozs., and let's see, that's 6400 joints. I couldn't take time to do one a day, so I figured maybe 150 a year, and um, it would take me over forty-two years to smoke all of this weed. It would lose it's potency after a year or two. Then the lightbulb came on. I'd roll up about 10 pinners and just give them away. I understood that even my friends could figure out that this was the best weed in the world. After they had smoked this fantastic weed, they would realize how stoned they were, and with the weed rolled up they wouldn't know it wasn't green! Great idea! I reached into my pocket again as I arrived at the toll booth on the Golden Gate Bridge entering San Francisco, stoned out of my mind.

I want you to know something, when I got home that's exactly what I did. I passed out the pinners and asked my friends to just try it and give me their opinions. They questioned me about the small sized joints, and I said what are you complaining about, it's free. Then the phone started ringing with questions like: What was that? Is that laced with acid? That can't be ordinary weed. Do you have any more? Then I got to tell the story of Panama Red to them, which if you ever smoked the real thing, I need not say more.

MEETING THE SMUGGLER

On another score trip north, about a month later, I discovered that my connection had moved to Stinson Beach. You might know where he moved if you ever went there. It was the third house back from the beach, it was on the left, the one with the purple door. When the purple door opened I gasped as I thought I saw my dad sitting down counting cash on a coffee table. I realized that it really wasn't my Dad, but the guy was a dead ringer for my dad. He had a receding conservative haircut, with brown hair, and graying sideburns. Same facial features. My connection introduced him, and for his protection, I'll just call him Roy. Roy was counting out $40,000. cash, another installment for the fronting of his illegal, precious cargo of Panama Red to my connection. This was a lot of money for a weed deal back in 1969, and probably one of a hundred bags of money picked up by Roy. You figure it out. If he sold his Panama Red for only $120. a pound, times 24,000 pounds he grossed about $2.9 million from his load. Thirty years ago this money had the purchasing power of about 4 times more than what it would buy today. However, I have no idea what Panama Red would cost today as I have never found it again. I've had Colombian Gold, but it's more of a brown tobacco color. Red is a very earthy, rusty color and I haven't even seen any counterfeit stuff offered. I haven't even seen the seeds offered. The $40,000. Roy was counting out was only a payment for about 300 pounds. Payment for a ton would be $240,000. Don't forget he had the money from selling the fish too.

Roy was a very candid person, treating me as if he'd known me his whole life. He explained the Panama Red saga. He bought a surplus submarine chaser, a 90 footer. He sold most of the military gear and paid for the vessel, with money left over. It was a typical government deal where millions were spent to build and outfit the ship, and then it was later sold for peanuts. Roy outfitted it as a fishing boat. He got a crew together and went south. He loaded in 12 tons of Panama Red, and then he and his crew went fishing.

They covered the weed with tuna, iced it and headed back north. The ship was checked out, and cleared for entry. As they returned to the Bay Area, he made contact with his man onshore in northern California, who with a few hours notice, got a small fleet of fishing and sailboats together. This fleet was obviously pre-planned. The fleet was a fleet of dealers who went under the Golden Gate Bridge out about 25 miles, and towards the Farallon Islands, where the Panama Red was quickly offloaded onto these smaller boats. One Harbor Master inside the bay was in on it too, so there was little chance of anybody getting caught. I can't tell you if it was day or night, foggy, or anything about the conditions, but I do know from other smugglers that they use the worst weather conditions for all of their activities. If it's hard for them it's hard for the cops to catch them. Roy said he retired off this trip and that he sold his fish, the ship, and intended on paying the IRS it's taxes on the fish, if any were due. Roy told me the city he lived in, and I'll give you a hint, he lived between San Francisco, and San Jose. If you know him, tell him thanks from me.

I grew some plants from the very small brown seeds. The plants had stalks with alternating green and purple vertical lines. The dark green leaves had purple veins. I got tired of watering them, so I sold the crop where it stood, by selling a map with it's location. My friends nicknamed me Panama Red, for waking them up to this high. There's been no more Panama Red, that I'm aware of. If I'm wrong I'd like to read your story."

Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Panama Red, Panamanian Red,[1] or P.R.[2] is a cultivar of cannabis sativa, popular among cannabis afficiandos of the 1960s and 1970s, and renowned for its potency.[3][4][5] The typically high THC levels associated with the variety are thought to be dependent on the cultivar, rather than the Panamanian climate.[6][7] In a limited test, an Auburn University researcher reported that "seed of a sample of Panama Red, grown in the very different climates of the Canal Zone, campus and northern New Hampshire, yielded marijuana with similar THC content."[7] Its name comes from its cultivation in the country of Panama, and its claylike red color.[8] Production was common in Panama's sparsely-populated Pearl Islands.[9] It is known for causing a racy, paranoia-inducing, psychedelic high. Cannabis culture died off in Panama with the rise of cocaine trafficking.

"Panama Red" was a song played by Jerry Garcia with Peter Rowan in Old and in the Way in 1973. It was also recorded and played by the New Riders of the Purple Sage on The Adventures of Panama Red, becoming the group's only radio hit. This particular type of cannabis is also mentioned in the song "Amsterdam" by Van Halen and the song "Outta My Way" by Damone. During the seminal Vietnam War film Apocalypse Now, the character "Chef" specifically requests "Panama Red" cannabis from a military quarter master

Ja stom van me had moeten weten dat C5 geen pure sativa is.

Misschien ander onderwerp maar in ben zeer geinteresseerd in de sativa omdat ik minder van de couch-lock ben.

Ik ben niet of iemand verschillen in effecten kan verklaren vanuit het cannabinoiden profiel.

Je zegt: “De rode pheno's schijnen een relaxte maar sterke psychedelische high te hebben. De groene pheno's zijn wat helderder en energieker.”

Verbeter me als ik fout zit of wat mis.

CBD: Ik dacht altijd dat indica's door hun hoge CBD voor relaxerende, body effecten, plafond-effect en verlenging, en dus des te lager des te psychedelischer, helderder en energieker maar tegelijkertijd ook dus minder relaxt en meer paranoia. Waarom heeft de ene sativa dan veel en de ander weinig paranoia, helderheid, energie?

THCV: versneld en versterkt effect.

CBN: Als afbraakprodukt eigenlijk niet echt relevant als goed gedroogd en bewaart.

@Psyclone

Bedankt voor je aanvulling. Bij een legendarische strain horen avontuurlijke verhalen. Leuke info.

@Jahvisions

Die effectverschillen in rode en groene pheno's is informatie van de breeder zelf. Ik heb zelf nog

niet ervaring met de verschillende pheno's. In mijn rookverslag zal ik daar zeker nog op terug komen.

Dat relaxte van de rode pheno's bedoelen ze niet het lichamelijk effect mee zoals bij een indica,

maar meer een happy geestelijke gerustheid. Ik denk ook niet dat ze een hoog CBD gehalte hebben.

Ik kan het ook niet verklaren, maar er zijn veel meer cannabinoiden en terpenen die het effect kunnen

beïnvloeden.

DJ Short noemt Panama Red 'the Tequila of herb. Een aangename goofy party high met een unieke

island flavor en een kruidig/zoete sativa rush. Andere beschrijven het meer als een psychedelische

happy high.

Ik ben dan ook erg benieuwd naar de verschillende high's uit mijn sativa's.

wow, die rode pistels :whistling

Ik begin pure sativa's ook steeds meer te waarderen, als hobbyist en genieter.

Ik kijk met je mee. :verrygood

Dag 71 12/12

Ze staan inmiddels 10 weken maar het einde lijkt nog lang niet in zicht te zijn. ;) Geduld

is een schone zaak. Het gaat nog steeds uitstekend al zijn er altijd pheno's bij die wat

lastiger zijn.

Ik ben ook een pheno met toprot tegen gekomen, waarschijnlijk besmet tijdens het

oogsten van de Sugar Punches. Maar goed, dat maakt het selecteren wat makkelijker.

Pheno's met botryris krijgen van mij geen kans. ;)

Ze geuren aardig sterk in de bloei. Ik ruik zoete en zure citroen, madam jeanette,

vanille en andere spices. Heerlijk hoor. ;)

gallery_26428_12694_10212248.jpg

gallery_26428_12694_1174177.jpg

gallery_26428_12694_1471556.jpg

Wat lager gelegen buds

gallery_26428_12694_7731550.jpg gallery_26428_12694_2142060.jpg

Caribe

gallery_26428_12694_1159885.jpg

Destroyer, zeer potent plus ze heeft rode stelen

gallery_26428_12694_5237557.jpg

Niet normaal hé. Wie zegt dat pure sativa's niet wit kunnen zijn.

Die Destroyer maakt het wel heel bont, je ziet meer trichomen dan groen in de bloemen.

Volgens de breeder kunnen sommige bloemen wel 92 trichomen per mm2 bevatten.

Wat een mooie foto';s zeg!

zien der allemaal erg fijn uit.

en die Destroyer... :wacko: die gaat ze naam waar maken!

GR. MRT

Ineenwoordprachtig :wacko:

wanneer beginnen ze nou met opzwellen?

duurt zo lang :wacko:

het ziet er wel schitterend uit man....

jammer dat ik zo ongeduldig ben :huh:

Thanks heren.

@polletje

Het valt toch wel mee hoe lang het duurt. Ze moeten 1 of 2 weekjes langer dan Shackzilla.

Ach, ik wordt ruimschoots gecompenseerd voor mijn geduld hoor. :huh:

Vergis je niet in de volume van de toppen. Er zitten pheno's bij met toppen langer als mijn

eigen arm. Ze moeten nog een week of 3 á 4. Ik zal aankomende update er fotos met een

cola fles bij doen. :wacko:

Hoi!

Dat ziet er allemaal erg lekker uit!

Ik kan me de 'punta roja"en natuurlijk de colombiaanse wiet nog wel herineren van toen ik nog 15 was (!). De lsd tijd weet je ..

Hoe doe je die selectie?

heb je backup stekken gemaakt toen je planten nog in de vegetatieve fase waren , of ga je de beste planten reveggen na afloop van de bloei?

veel succes met deze ronde

grt

Sam

Leuk dat je mee kijkt.

Kan je misschien ook iets meer vertellen over de punta roja? Weet je nog hoe dat smaakte, effect,

uiterlijk. Daar ben ik erg benieuwd naar. De Panama's stammen nagenoeg af van Colombiaanse

variëteiten, vandaar. Ik heb die tijd helaas nooit mogen meemaken, wat voel ik me toch jong.

Die selectie is heel simpel. Ik heb geen backup stekken, de beste planten worden gewoon in de

reveg gezet als de bloei afloopt. Ik heb al enkel mooie exemplaren op het oog, dat zijn vooral de

rode pheno's.

:huh: ik wil foto's met colaflessen zien ;)

de pure sativa's zijn meesterlijk!

92 trichoompjes op 1 mm2... damn :wacko:

el andy dat reveggen als de bloei afloopt he

zou je dat tegen die tijd eens willen omschrijven hoe je dat doet?

tot hier ben ik aant volgen snaptuh?

gr east

@ El andy

Natuurlijk kijk ik mee!!

Het leukste topic sinds tijden.

Punto roja, santa martha gold uit colombia, thai sticks, schimmel afghaan, Kerala weed, rode libanon, gele libanon, zero zero, dat waren begrippen in die tijd. Zoals ik al zei de LSD tijd.

Vind je het gek dat ik me niet meer precies kan herinerren hoe dat allemaal was.

De weed was altijd zeer high en trippy, want sativa.

Punta roja had bij mijn weten rode puntjes (pistils) en heb ik misschien 1 of 2 keer gerookt. Ik denk het ook toen al een mythe was die zelden aangeboden werd.

De santa martha gold was goudbruin en honigzoet.

Probeer maar eens de allereerste nummers van de amerikaanse high times te bemachtigen. Zeker weten dat ze ooit een centerfold gewijd hebben aan de punta roja :wacko: . En zeker weten dat je daar alles kan lezen van deze ouwe sativas

En het mooiste kadootje van dit jaar heb ik van jou gehad: ACE.

groetjes

Sam

Het leukste topic sinds tijden.

Kerala weed,

Eens!

T.ring man Kerala jah! die was ik kwijd.....

Alcapolco cold was der ook zo een,goud geel & geperst :wacko:

Ik volg weer :huh:

@sam

Ik ben blij dat je mijn topic kan waarderen. Jij noemt rookwaar op waar ik alleen maar van kan dromen, geweldig.

Dat soort import producten zouden eigenlijk weer in de shop verkocht moeten worden. Natuurlijk zijn prachtige

compacte witte hybrides geweldig om te kweken en te roken, maar daarnaast kan er best een exotisch aanbod

bestaan. Helaas zal de import nooit meer worden zoals het geweest was, maar gelukkig kan je nu blijkbaar ook

zelf de jungle in huis halen. Langzaam aan begint er weer waardering te komen voor vergeten rassen. Het is wel

een niche markt hoor. Wat dat betreft loop de cannabis wereld paralel met de echte wereld.

Ik begrijp dat je het allemaal niet meer zo goed kunt herinneren, hehe. De LSD tijd, trippy sativa's, tja dan zit je

in een heel andere dimensie.

Op ICMag is nog veel oud materiaal van de High Times te vinden. Geweldige literatuur met prijslijsten, foto's

en verhalen. Helaas niet zo veel info over de legendarische Panama Red.

@PH

Kon je maar in een tijdmachine stappen hé. Waarom probeer jezelf niet eens iets uit vervlogen tijden. Je heb de

kweek skills en die amnees kan je nu wel blind kweken. Tijd voor iets nieuws uhhh iets ouds?

Ga ik ook zeker doen Andy ben bezig om me amnees te verhuizen, ;)

Gaat ook om de knikkers he'?

En wat dat betrefd heb ik geen grotere stuiters gevonden :huh:

Mss dat je Orange napalm in de buurt komt :wacko:

Of het commercieel interessant is moet ik natuurlijk nog afwachten, maar ik geloof dat dat wel goed

zal komen. Er zitten een paar beste joekels bij, ik zal dus ongetwijfeld een winnaar vinden die ik als

stek kan inzetten. Qua tijd zal ik gewoon gecompenseerd moeten worden, ik ben gekke Gerrit niet.

Het is een speciaal product, een echte sativa die ook nog eens organisch gekweekt is. Waar vind je

dat nog.

Die Orange Napalm is weer totaal iets anders als Panama. Die orange noemde ik zelf al een soort

amnesia 2.0, omdat de gemiddelde amnees roker haar lekker zal vinden. Een mooi alternatief die

veel mensen zal aanspreken. Panama is meer voor de connoisseurs en de ervaren amnees rokers

die wel is wat meer sativa willen ervaren. Het is maar wat je wil. :wacko:

Morgen komt de update.