• sanniesshop-banner.gif.d86ea02547aa126c899b25f607244aaf.gif sanniesseeds instagram

Belial

Zaadjes Maken

@mensen

herma trekjes heeft niets met fem zaad te maken,

maar met selectie.

fem zaad zal reg zaad nooit laten verdwijnen.

er is zoveel wilde cannabis over de wereld.

zoveel reg strains.

zelfs strains waarvan de moeder fem is en de vader reg.

wat dat betrefd loopt het nederlandse forum zwaar achter.

als het gaat om fem zaad en breeden met fem zaad.

reg zal nooit verdwijnen.

Edited by chucha
  • Like 1

Tjka chuca, daar geef ik gelijk gelijk in

maar dat komty dan wel door de underground en niet door de commercie.

in al die jaren van selectie ben ik slecht enkele herma's tegen gekomen,

dat fem zaad net zo stabiel is lijkt mij uitgesloten als ik al die verhalen lees.

Ga is naar de spannabis of een volg de scene in colorado,

dan zie je deze trend gelijk op lopen als in ons land.

for some people:

weed ain't for sharing.

Ik heb toch heel fijn stuifmeel gewonnen van planten waar ik alleen dames van had omdat ze alleen als stek verkrijgbaar waren of vanuit fem zaad.

Het lijkt me daarmee dus juist een handige methode is om wel te kunnen kruisen als er geen regulier zaad en mannetjes beschikbaar zijn.

• Like 1

dit werd gister gepost op opengrow.com

een stukje leesvoer.

de enigste vraag die nog rest =

wat gebeurt er als je fem x fem kruist , voor meerdere generaties.

zonder een reg man te introduceren.

er zijn al een aantal mensen die dat nu aan het testen zijn.

of gaan testen.

dus een f1 maken van fem xfem

daar weer een f2 van enzv.

reg x fem is dus geen enkel probleem.

dat fem zaad herma gevoeliger is dan reg zaad.

is dan ook onzin.

het ligt puur aan de stres methode om te plant omtebouwen.

en de selectie,die daarop volgt.

I see a recurring confusion coming up in this discussion. Sexual reproduction between two female plants is not exactly the same on the level of DNA as reproduction between a male pollen donor and a female, but it is almost the same.

I've had just one college level biology course, but it took well and I've continued to learn more since then. It's possible I'll get something wrong here, but I'll try with my best understanding. Here are some things to think about:

* DNA (genetic) inheritance is not the only kind of inheritance even though it's the most important kind. There is also RNA inheritance, and inheritance of some of the cellular structures. The later kinds come primarily from the plant that expresses female sex. The pollen donor just contributes its DNA regardless of whether the male is XY or XX. The non-genetic forms of inheritance should work pretty much the same for feminized and non-feminized pollen.

* The difference in DNA inheritance between males and females is only in the last chromosome--the male "Y". In the straight section there are only one copy of each base pair (haploid) instead of the normal two (diploid). So a base pair on the straight section of the male can only be A or a whereas on the female you can have AA, Aa, or aa. That is where A and a represent the Mendelian variables that represent a single nucleotide.

* The "Y" is only on the last chromosome and the straight section is about half the length. Cannabis has 10 chromosomes, so only about 5% of the inherited bases are affected by the sex difference. The offspring will not be different from feminized and non-feminized reproduction, just the frequency of inheritance of those 5% of bases from the pollen donor.

Almost all of the difference between feminized and non-feminized breeding has to do with the selection of the male. The DNA of the offspring is normal and so are all the other heritable structures.

Hermaphrodite reproduction is common and natural in wild cannabis. This leads to self-pollination or sibling pollination. Self-pollination tends to create more homozygous (aa or AA) genes. The recessive aa, for certain genes, will correspond to a plant weakness, disease, or problem that don't otherwise come up in practice. This is the problem of self-pollination and excessive inbreeding. But the weakness has to do with repeated self- and sibling-pollination not with the feminized pollen.

If you rely on methods of masculinizing females to create pollen that are not 100% effective you may end up selecting for hermaphrodites by accident. If you use a method like STS that is essentially 100% effective then this problem doesn't come up at all.

This is all complicated by a thing called epigenetics in which sections of a chromosome can be turned on and off by environmental factors. Since maybe these epigenetic switch settings can cross generations it is conceivable that a feminized cross has some effects that last a couple of generations. Unfortunately this is where my knowledge ends. There might be some practical problems that come up in feminized breeding, but I will wager that if there are problems they are pretty subtle. The reason I say this is because of the many practical successes people have, like all the examples of great feminized strains that people gave above.

There is also a huge advantage to breeding using only feminized seed. Because the female plant is the one we use, two proven females can be chosen for each genetic selection. That eliminates a lot of the chance factor and difficulty of selecting males.

I'm open to the statements people have made that feminized-only breeding leads to weakness after a few generations, but not sure why that would be. I'm personally going to switch to feminized-only breeding over multiple generations and see what happens. It seems clear that one can pollinate with a genetic male to produce more males and resume normal breeding at any point if that is the goal.

If anyone has a clear understanding that any of this is wrong I'd be very interested to hear it. I have a hard time understanding the objection to feminized seed still.

Edited by chucha
  • Like 2

@dr dog

over een aantal dagen ga ik beginnen met een reg strain in me micro setup

ik ga met de reguliere pollen,

een fem plant(of planten) bestuiven.

en het resultaat verder veredelen.

om vervolgens weer terug te kruisen.

en zo een strain te maken,

waarvan mama fem is en papa reg.

ik hou er dan ook een verslag van bij .

kijk eens in een paar topics van foth.

staan in de plantenkamer.

hier is een voorbeeld.

http://www.wietforum.nl/topic/99215-de-schat-van-kapitein-roodbaard/

leuke leerzame projecten.

Edited by chucha

zal je verslag volgen chucha, lijkt me interresant om wanneer je je eerste zaadjes groeit van die plant, of er dan ook verhoogde hoeveelheid hermas tussen zitten :)

en voor mij is feminiseren op dit moment niet aan de orde want heb als het goed is al regular autos dus nu alleen nog hopen op een goede man :)