• sanniesshop-banner.gif.d86ea02547aa126c899b25f607244aaf.gif sanniesseeds instagram

Mucker4you

Yaraliva calcinit & crystal brown - Hoe te mengen?

Dus ik heb Calnit en bruin.

Ik heb voorraadoplossing a & b maar als ik A & B na een uur meng voor een feed, lijkt het erop dat het poeder uit de oplossing is gevallen.

Er zijn witte crystles aan de zijkant van de tank en een paar grappige dingen op het water.

Het soldeon zit in gedestilleerd water uit de droogtrommel

Kan iemand helpen?

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''

So I have Calnit and brown.

I have stock solution a & b but if I mix A & B after an hour for a feed, it seems that the powder has fallen out of the solution.

There are white crystles on the side of the tank and some funny things on the water.

The soluitone is contained in distilled water from the tumble dryer

Can someone help?

I want to use this in a flood an drain system for Mapito. 

16 hours ago, Mucker4you said:

The soluitone is contained in distilled water from the tumble dryer

This might be the source of your problem?

Why do you use 'dead' water instead of regular tap?

38 minutes ago, lostchild said:

This might be the source of your problem?

Why do you use 'dead' water instead of regular tap?

Yes, I was thinking that as-well. 

I make a stock solution then put with in the tank to bring the EC to where I want it, Or do you mean I could get a bottle of tap water and make stock solution out of that but then this would make my EC high?

100G TO 1 L I use.

Nee, je ec zal niet meetbaar hoger worden door het gebruik van een liter kraan- ipv demiwater voor je basis-oplossing.

Wat gebruik je in je A en wat in je B, en hoeveel gram van elk per liter basis-oplossing?

Wat voor rare dingen zie je op het water?:wOOt

No, your ec will not be measurably higher just because of using a liter of tap- instead of demiwater for your stock solution.

What do you use in your A and what in your B, and how many grams of each per liter of stock?

What funny things you see on the water?:wOOt

• Like 1

On 12/8/2018 at 8:24 PM, Twiet said:

Nee, je ec zal niet meetbaar hoger worden door het gebruik van een liter kraan- ipv demiwater voor je basis-oplossing.

Wat gebruik je in je A en wat in je B, en hoeveel gram van elk per liter basis-oplossing?

Wat voor rare dingen zie je op het water?:wOOt

No, your ec will not be measurably higher just because of using a liter of tap- instead of demiwater for your stock solution.

What do you use in your A and what in your B, and how many grams of each per liter of stock?

What funny things you see on the water?:wOOt

At the moment what is happening  if I leave the my tank for a few days with a pump in there on 24/7 only a small pump 1,000LPH

I see what I think is a layer of small flat crystals on the top of the water when you put a light over it they shine and sometimes on the side there white residue , I think it's the calcinit falling out of the solution I add. Could this be not sure what is is as the solution in the bottle's are fine Just when I add it to my tank to get it to my EC I want. 

I mix Calcinit first give a good stir and then the KB after. 

I use 100g of calcinit to 1l of water and 100G of KRISTALON brown to 1L of water. 

Could i just use tap water to make stock solution 1l of tap water to 100g of each etc...? 

I will try and get some photo's, 

5 minutes ago, greentjeonatrip said:

https://www.yara.nl/gewasvoeding/meststoffen/yaratera/yaratera-kristalon-brown/

YaraLiva CALCINIT and YaraTera KRISTALON Brown must be dissolved in separate containers and must only be mixed in a very diluted form.

Maybe the proportions are still too heavy ?

I've seen this but racker from here use's it and he has 1KG in 10L of solution. I'm new to this and my plants seem to be loving it but I think I will have problems with im scaled up and in VEG as I think it's the CALCINIT falling out.

Not sure How I would use both no in the same tank if that's the case I'm going to get rid of it as that wouldn't work for me.

How do you 'mix' the nutes in the water bin?

Maybe you need to 'stir' a little more before adding the next component otherwise they will react on each other in a big way.

Happens with every A&B nutrient, it's not exclusive to powder nutes:search:

Edited by lostchild
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, lostchild said:

How do you 'mix' the nutes in the water bin?

Maybe you need to 'stir' a little more before adding the next component otherwise they will react on each other in a big way.

Happens with every A&B nutrient, it's not exclusive to powder nutes:search:

Ok, Thank you. Maybe this is the case as I will stir a little then mix the B - I will mix A in then let pump run for 30mins then mix B in. 

I've also done a little experiment with A solution and left it in a glass and to me it seem's like its falling out of solution as at the bottom there is the calcinit. Once I've found out what it is I will post here. 

think I'm also dissolving the powder into the stock solution to quick. I'm going to make a new batch up with distilled water but take longer to dissolve it.  

Also, use warm water to dissolve the salts, works better.

So a small update  

I've filled the tank up with 36l of 15c water, Added Calcinit let the pump mix it around for 20-30mins and then added Brown in and then let them mix for some time. Now it's fine for me to use right away but here are some of the photo's I've got today after just one day after me making the tank. 

IMG_20181216_000033.jpg

IMG_20181216_000037.jpg

IMG_20181216_000042.jpg

Have you tried to do the mix the other way round, i.e. brown first and calcinit second?

• Like 1

YaraLiva CALCINIT en YaraTera KRISTALON Brown moeten in afzonderlijke bakken opgelost worden en mogen pas in sterk verdunde vorm gemengd worden

Your mixing them in 1 bin hence the reaction you get afterwards.

Why 15C water? Between 18-20 makes mixing so much easier.

Edited by lostchild

14 hours ago, Twiet said:

Have you tried to do the mix the other way round, i.e. brown first and calcinit second?

This batch I've mixed the Brown First and then the Calcinit we will see what it looks like after tonight. 

13 hours ago, lostchild said:

YaraLiva CALCINIT en YaraTera KRISTALON Brown moeten in afzonderlijke bakken opgelost worden en mogen pas in sterk verdunde vorm gemengd worden

Your mixing them in 1 bin hence the reaction you get afterwards.

Why 15C water? Between 18-20 makes mixing so much easier.

Yes, I seen that but Racker use to use this mix and he had a dosing pump so must be able to mix it into same tank? Other wise How would one use a 2 tank system ?

No, normal tap water will do. If you want to make a very concentrated stock solution (500gr/liter) distilled water probable allows to put more salt in the stock solution. But I don't know this for sure, I'm not a chemist.

Let's wait and see what it looks like tomorrow.

• Like 1

You can't mix them in pure form if you want to have a decent uptake from the nutrients.

Phosforus will break down the calcium in your mix.

Iam using it also and i dont have this problem.

• Like 1

Does Racker mix in 1 bin or does he use a diluted A&B bottle made of calcinit and brown?

I have a schedule from Worm and he uses the Yara as follows:

Ik maak altijd een concentraat aan van de A & B. Het toevoegen aan het vat doe ik net zoals met de normale flessenvoeding. X aantal ml A en B tot ik aan de juiste ec zit.

Aanmaken voeding oplossingen:

Ik meng een verhouding 1 op 10.

A component
100 gram kalksaltpeter oplossen in 1L lauw water. 

B component
100 Peters Combi Sol/kristalon bruin oplossen in 1L water.

B component icm kristalon oranje
100 gram kristalon oranje en 25 gram bitterzout oplossen in 1L lauw water.

Completely different from trying to mix them undiluted into 1 bin which may lead to unwanted reactions as fata explained.

Edited by lostchild
  • Like 1

Normally you have a A container and B container and they dont get mixed at all together only when they reach the ground and the roots of the plant.

Mixing them in a 500 liter container First A and then mix B and stir it and set the Ph right.

That is possible but not optimum.

But mixing them together in a concentrated form is not adviseable at all.

If you look at the website they also say never mix it concentrated together.

There are supliments that have a and b in one bottle.

But they are made differently then calcinit and brown.

There are multiple ways to make a and b solution.

You also have them with Npk+ ca mg and then b holds the trace elements.

Edited by Fatamorgana