• sanniesshop-banner.gif.d86ea02547aa126c899b25f607244aaf.gif sanniesseeds instagram

Hidronesia

Amnesia Haze 6X600W

Hidronesia, we both are bonenstaak growers :D

• Like 1

I think too you gave to much pre-grow for the amount of plants you have.

One week less wouldn't have cost you a lot on the scale, but would have saved you a lot of fluff and small crappy stuff in the lower 50 cm.

Next time try to switch to 12-12 sooner, that way you save a lot of time and electricity, and the plants are easier to manage.

• Like 1

guys thanks the input

life is beautiful we all watch the same movie,,, but all see a different story:)

You don't have too many leaves, there are too many small branches.

@sativied upper leaves make a shadow.. where buds.. branches cant develop

if u can get rockhard apple size buds 1 meter under the canopy without defoliation and can go well over 1:1

Im listening very carefully.. with all my respect (seriously im ready to learn)

just for an example (and it is far from my bests)

180 cm high plants (defoliated at day 21)

gallery_37021_16379_59267.jpg

and day 60

gallery_37021_16379_39296.jpg

day66

gallery_37021_16379_27271.jpg

current run in the twin room

day 31 no veg, stopped by PGR and of course I stripped the girls today:)

gallery_37021_16379_147730.jpg

if i wont forget I will show how big the difference at the bottom by the end

@sirocco 2 plants per crate (16/m2)

I wont veg any more... just I had to test how and when to use PGR (plant growth regulator)

this grow should score much better with better light penetration im sure

@el capitano.. there is no too long plant, if sun can hit the bottom buds (as u see above pics)

but now we have cc. the same size plants in this room (net is 75-80 cm)

gallery_8258_3664_37344.jpg

gallery_8258_3664_158030.jpg

• Like 1

@sativied upper leaves make a shadow.. where buds.. branches cant develop

if u can get rockhard apple size buds 1 meter under the canopy without defoliation and can go well over 1:1

Im listening very carefully.. with all my respect (seriously im ready to learn)

Neither can you, so you'll just have to listen anyway lol, I'll keep it short. I heard every single argument defoliators can produce and they are all based on intuition and false perception rather than what is factually going on. Upper leaves create shade by doing exactly what they should do, catch light. Every leaf works for the entire plant, the product of photosynthesis can easily travel throughout the entire plant. Buds don't need direct light, leaves do.

"Stripped"? Butchered you mean. Absurd you think that actually will help the plant will yield more than it would with its leaves, the very units that create bud... You lose far more in total than you think to gain at the bottom. If you were ready to learn I suggest starting with learning what a leaf does and then learn about plant and bud site spacing and learn to time the switch to 12/12 faster... and ditch the pgrs...

Edited by Sativied
  • Like 2

I understand all of ur words.. and really appreciated that u take ur time to tell me ur knowledge.

i just wanted to share my experience.. based on my numbers

u are right about veg... and as I told I wont waste any day on that anymore

With the results you post you should do whatever you think works best for you. It never stops amazing me what cannabis can endure and still produce well...

• Like 2

16/m2 = 16 per square meter. :rtfm:

16 per m2? And you topped them? Damn... i thought i was pushing it by putting 10 topped ones per m2..

I just started my new round (growreport is in the making) with 16 ladies per 120x120 (4 feet x 4 feet)

Putting 25 of them in the same space didn't work for me in the past, watering them was too much trouble and got tons of fluff in the lower parts of my ladies so i went back to my old system of 16.

Tried 9 per 120x120 too, but that resulted in too much open space and decreased yield when given the same amount of pre-grow time.

(I like to keep my plants short and manageble, so i car rearrange them easier if the foliage isnt filling up like i want it to)

• Like 1

The number of colas is much more important than the plant count. 25-36 plants on 1m2 - 120x120cm can work great if the strain is truly suitable for SoG (1 cola indicas with little branching and fast maturation and transition). The main advantage of canopy control is the ability to mimick such a SoG with a lower plant count. 9 plants with 4 colas each is 36 (6x6) colas, 12 plants with 6 is 48 (almost 7x7 colas), and with a stretchy skinny cola strain with slender leaflet 16x4 = 64 colas, 8x8 colas, fits on 120x120cm. If one focuses on colas only that is..., the rest doesn't always have to be removed, but should be prevented from growing in the first place.

To do that you need to top properly because there's topping and there's topping... Topping seems to be still mainly about avoiding 1 main fat cola per plant, and get two instead. If people wanted 4 they would usually top the two new tops to get 4. What works much better is vegging till you get 5 or 6 nodes on plants from seed, or a few more on a mature clone that alternates. Then top it so low that you keep only one branch for every desired cola. Also known as Uncle Ben's topping technique.

4 tops:

https://www.wietforum.nl/uploads/gallery/album_15233/gallery_36382_15233_45332.jpg

6 tops:

https://www.wietforum.nl/uploads/gallery/album_15233/gallery_36382_15233_178758.jpg

8 tops:

https://www.wietforum.nl/uploads/gallery/album_15233/gallery_36382_15233_204300.jpg

More tops simply from topping higher. Every branch becomes a main cola, nothing is wasted, barely any fluff/popcorn.

The reason this works so well is because something called apical dominance, which through auxins production (grow inhibitor hormone...) simply put determines how much the mains stem grows more than the branches. By removing the dominant top you influence the auxin production and distribution and can turn the side branches into fairly equal dominant tops. This requires taking of more than just the very top part of the top.

Works much better than spraying pgrs... which ironically probably contains auxins (most common and first plant grow regulator discovered), and only have a negative effect if you don't really understand the effect on the plant's hormone balance.

scirocco: "(I like to keep my plants short and manageble, so i car rearrange them easier if the foliage isnt filling up like i want it to)"

Exactly. I grow from regular and remove both some males and females, but also get more variation from seed so it's nice to be able to have some 'plant mobility'.

https://www.wietforum.nl/uploads/gallery/album_15233/gallery_36382_15233_187050.jpg (includes males...)

https://www.wietforum.nl/uploads/gallery/album_15233/gallery_36382_15233_532511.jpg (<= that's roughly 9 plants with 4-6 tops each on 1m2, space is 120x120)

• Like 2

I like top top the plants too, but not as low as most do, because that gives me the chance to remove the lower branches to make watering easier.

Often the first sidebranches are not as powerful growers as the ones a little higher up i think.

• Like 1

thanks guys this topic getting more interesting.. if we all share our knowledge

karma up for sharing Sativied, and Scirocco!!!

• Like 1