• sanniesshop-banner.gif.d86ea02547aa126c899b25f607244aaf.gif sanniesseeds instagram

Sign in to follow this  
UDZR

Inblaas, Vochtigheid Probleem, Hygrostaat Model ?

Hello guys,

This is my first message here, I read as much as possible on Wietforum using Google Translate.

I come from Opengrow where I log as Provence.

I apologize for writing here in english.

I prefer to ask dutch growers for this question.

Hardware

2x tent 2.40 x 2.40

2x 4x600w

2x 2500m3/h exhaust

2x 1500m3/h intake

1x wood crate glued to window frame, 2 holes for intake and exhaust.

1x HEPA filter for the intake hole

No climate controller, I use tents in dual shift.

Software

drain to waste system

1.2 Bar water pump 6500L 20-27mm

anti-return valve 20-27

20mm garden hose

16mm Gardena micro drip

4-6mm drippers

4L/h pressure valves

2x 100 11L pots

2x dripper per pot

coco fiber + 15% perlite

SOG 25/1.44m2

Shiva Skunk cuttings, no veg time.

QUESTION

I have good temperatures in the tents troughout the year without using electric heaters.

The big problem comes from the humidity levels during automn and winter. 75-80% humidity.

Plants can't make evapo-transpiration efficiently so they take longer to mature and last time I lost a good part of my harvest to mold. :thumbsdown:

Do you guys supply plants with outside air for gas exchange ?

I suppose you use hygrostats ?

What models do you use ?

I'm done with the climate controllers. I've tried the "Step-controllers" Temp+Humidity and I returned them to the shop.

Expensive and real crap. Never worked efficiently. I either had good temps or good humidity, never both together.

My feeling is that at certain periods of the year, I either have to

-give up on optimum CO2 levels in the room or

-deal with too high humidity

I guess someone here already had the same problem and maybe found a solution...

Thanks a bunch for reading

You have an impressive forum and good growers that's for sure :showoff:

UDZR

Might be that your dripping regime (like just before lights go off or something) with the amount of plants you got in the setup makes the % stay that high?

I grow on a much smaller scale and yes I use outside air for the plants (windows open on a crack in the room) and when it rains outside the % goes over 70% and the only thing i can counter that with is to turn op the exhaust but that only gets to a certain point..

Maybe look into an Opti Climate solution?

The only other KISS i know is to turn up the temperature a bit and the exhaust also and prevent a temperature drop when the lights go off (heaters might be needed) to prevent dew forming which is a base for mold and yes that throws optimum co2 out of the window, everything better than a breeding space for spores and other nasties with a high humidity which aso makes your filter last way shorter.

The RH point is what fucks things up, the humidity can be 70% as long as the RH is around 50% your ok besides too lush veg and softer stems but still densily packed buds, when the RH goes over 50% is when shit hits the fan eventually.

Some others will chip in with advice, im sure :hug:

Edited by lostchild
  • Like 1

Have you tried disconnecting the inlet fans from the windowbox?

So your inlet fans draw air from the room your tents are in instead of directly from outside.

I found this to make the climate more stable, because the inlet air heats up a little in your space before entering the tents.

Other solution might be having 2 small fans and hoses between the 2 tents to exchange air between them.

Takes a little trial and error to get it right, but I see this beeing done a lot.

• Like 1

Other solution might be having 2 small fans and hoses between the 2 tents to exchange air between them.

Takes a little trial and error to get it right, but I see this beeing done a lot.

That's exactly what I do and honestly in terms of temperature stability it's very effective.

The exhaust of tent #1 is plugged to tent #2 and the exhaust of tent #2 plugged to tent #1.

I need to get my hands on a hygrostat that is at least 1.5A and ideally a thermostat 3.5A.

The rooms are sort of barns, not very well isolated...

Edited by UDZR

It's better to have a half open loop instead of a closed loop for better gas exchange,and let the used air blow into a central place like a hallway so the air can scatter around your house.

NEVER vent air to outside directly,it will be visible for police or scavengers with infrared.

Just keep an slightly open window ,and suck the fresh air from that room.

Let the air from tent 1 pass into tent 2 then out in your hallway to dissipate.

This will keep temp. and humidity to your spec. with a bit testing you'll get it right.

Then keep adjusting it when necesarry,to summer/winter modus.

:wave:

• Like 1

and let the used air blow into a central place like a hallway so the air can scatter around your house.

NEVER vent air to outside directly,it will be visible for police or scavengers with infrared.

Just keep an slightly open window ,and suck the fresh air from that room.

Let the air from tent 1 pass into tent 2 then out in your hallway to dissipate.

This will keep temp. and humidity to your spec. with a bit testing you'll get it right.

Then keep adjusting it when necesarry,to summer/winter modus.

:wave:

So yeah ok I choose the tent that is ON at night, this one will not get the loop back, and I adapt to warmer daylight temperatures.

OK

And thank you for the safety trick, Collie!

• Like 1

You dutchies are quite un-beatable on the growing matter...

I don't like to sound too sympathetic haha but quite honestly the sum of knowledge I can scatter here and there on this forum sections is impressive

I don't fully understand everything but yeah quite a few octaves above the rest... :blink:

Thanks a bunch everyone, lostchild, scirocco and Collie!

• Like 2

Yeah, we Dutch love our weeds...and growing tons of it! :)

I'm on opengrow too by the way..

• Like 1

Glad you like our forum,stick around for a while and enjoy......