• sanniesshop-banner.gif.d86ea02547aa126c899b25f607244aaf.gif sanniesseeds instagram

Sign in to follow this  
laldibap

oregon rocket

hi !

does somebody know if there is still a place to get oregon rocket seeds ?

bye

saluts from the alps

Hi there, try basic seeds, I thought he was the breeder behind this strain.

They used to be in sannies shop couple of years ago.

google is your friend.

If your number of posts are up you can try the seeds trading topic and ask if someone has some to trade.

Good luck with your quest :lol:

Greetz.

hi thanks for your reply.

i know sannies shop i tried some of theri heribei.

unfortunately oregon rocket isnt listed anywhere.

I know somebody who sells Oregon Rocket x Guerrilla gold seeds, look at this ad.

The guy is really trustworty, me and others done business with him.

I think you need to search the underground, I'm sure someone has some seeds to spare.

Try de danish forum too, oregon rocket is a fairly popular strain there.

Greetz.

ps. I took at look at the link that Johnny placed and I too can ensure you to be safe if you would order with this advertiser if you are interested in that particular cross

Edited by cannabusinesss

thanks man

sounds good , will give them a try.

maybe the pure version disappeared nowadays...

i see they also offer ierdbei f6 seeds there from tj.

anybody experience with his stuff ?

by the way which forum do you mean by the danish ?

bye thanks

Edited by laldibap

icmag forum.

Just search for some grow reports and send a couple of pm's to some members who have grown them and surely you'll be down the right path to find some beens. I am sure some day they will appear again.

You need to hit some people with this strain in thier private stock, for sure there are some guys coming around with this strain.

Greetz.

Edited by cannabusinesss

ok thanks

i think i will give the oregon rocket x guerilla gold a try , should do its work up here in the alps

bye

Edited by laldibap

the basicseeds breeder was my friend for many years

until he got paranoid and thought i was taking over

gone downhill, and disappeared from the market.

it would be great if he started again,

because a lot of his strains consists CBD.

Yes, i have some pure Oregon Rockets,

they will go to moldavia and tjechie

to use for pollination and to make regular seeds

done my medical associations.

greetz Weetje

i had alpine rocket plants long time ago they stank like hell , had the coolest smell i ever experienced.

unfortunately it has become hard to find alpine rocket genetics.

i saw some oregon rocket plants on this forum which at least look quite similar to alp rocket i was growing.

I read also swiss kiss, mata hari and split have alpine rocket genes , does the alpine rocket shine through in theses crosses ?

Edited by laldibap

Try searching on this Dutch online growshop Growshop Aliën, they also have a store. They have a fairly large seedbank with many strains. I searched on "Swiss" and a few strains popped up right away. I am sure you will be fine with some other strains containing Swiss genetics.

Maybe you will find a cross there too with the genetics you are looking for.

When a Original seedbank has a particular strain no longer in stock, sometimes Aliën still has some.

Let us know wich strain it is gonna be eventually.

Greetz. :lol:

Edited by cannabusinesss

no, the oregon rocket is what you're looking for

in the split a litle maybe.

I remember that there is one place where they can be,

and i just send a e mail to this person.

grtz Weetje

i already got about 20x jurabeeri feminised seeds (united seedbanks) which is a swiss erdbeer cross.

Next outdoorseason i would like to grow them out and to manually pollinate the best of them with a male of relatively pure alp-rocket or erdbeer genetics (if im able to get some) grown in another spot.

I know many people say you shouldnt use feminized seeds for breeding but i want to give it a try and i am curious to see what the offspring will be like.

I would also like to do a cross with the regular plants grown in the other spot to get some "normal" seeds , so if the offspring of the first experiment shows herma-tendencies i still get some good regular seeds to go on in the future.

Thats why i am intrested in regular alpine rocket or erdbeer genetics.

Edited by laldibap

maybe member FoolOnTheHill could jump in on this thread regarding to pollinating feminized plants, I know recently he also means this shouldn't give any major problems if your using fairly stabelized strains. In theory the offspring should be fine but with later generations over the years it could be possible you will come across some weaknesses, so some growers say.

Keep us updated on the progress of your feminized seed grow, I'm interested in the results of that ofspring.

Greetz

the opinions about using fem. seeds are very different .

i remember having had just "slight" hermas with bought fem. seeds , they produced just a little few male nanners in the beginning of flowering an then continued to grow female.

i grew a lot of feminised seeds and that was the only time i had something herma-like.

It had to do with genetics because i grew about 10 of the same strain and about 6 showed that slight herma tendencies on the bottom.

I grew out some of the resulting seeds and also only some of them showed this slight hermatendency , but really just a few single nanners on the bottom...

i pulled out these male nanners and continued the grow and had a good harvest with just a few seeds in it.

I think if im able to select a mother grown from fem. seeds wich doesnt show any male flowers it should be fine.

Even if i get some of these "slight" hermas in the offspring it wouldn be much of a problem , i still could get a good harvest...

Will give it a try.

in the meanwhile i managed to get some regular erdbeer seeds , so i will focus on erdbeer genetics next season if i cant find something alp-rocket like.

i still have some heribei fem. and the juraberrys mentioned in the post above.

The plan is to polinate some branches of the best fem. juraberry and heribei with a male of the regular erdbeers.

also want to do some erdbeerXerdbeer for producing "normal" seeds.

i will keep you updated

Edited by laldibap

i think i have some good news for you:

I found the fridge

and the owner of this fridge has 3 packets oregon rocket left.

I also think one or two male flowers wouldn't be much of a problem if you pick them off your plants, but surtainly you don't want to magnify that tendeny into your ofspring. Some genetic features can come forward to be a main feature.and then it becomes a problem.

Some fem strains are fairly stable even after stressing the plant to discover if they would show weaknesses under different surcomstances, but even with regular seeds we have the same problem finding a nearly unstressable plant. If you find one thats the perfect candidate to work with.

But it still triggers my curiosity why it shouldn't be possible to make strong healthy offsprings with pollinating feminized plants.

There are plenty of growers around that pollinate feminized plants.

On the other hand, when this statement becomes absolute clear it is possible, with tests over the years it cuts the head clean of the feminized industy. Strains that were not availible because they were fem. become availible to bread with. Growers are now forced to buy large quantities and spend big money on expensive female seeds. If this statement will be proven otherwise growers only have to buy one pack and grown thier own stock of seeds from then on forward.

Also it would open a whole new world of possibilities to make new hybrids using the previous to be thought unavaileble strains.

I think major seeds companies breed a slight weak herma tendency into thier feminized strains for the grower to be verry able to harvest the plants, in a stressless invorinment these feature won't show but when they are used for pollinating the ofspring will show strong hermatendency's. Also the major companies will do anything to keep us buying thier seeds.

Sinds Lesbian Dream came to the market people are making thier own healthy fems wich was also a blow to the fem industry.

Edited by cannabusinesss

i think you are right cannabusiness , to be sure that there are no hermatraits being passed at least some generations should be grown out and thats a lot of work... but just trying it will give you an answer.

by the way , if i collect polm from a male plant how long will it be fertile and useful for pollination ?

can i maybe also put it in the fridge so i could use it in the following season for pollination ?

Edited by laldibap

I am not quite sure how to preserve the pollen, but I read it somewhere on the forum you should let it dry first because it holds a slight moisture level.

When the pollen are dry you can put them in a air and water tight container, some growers use a little filmroll container, the one that holds the filmroll for a foto camera. Put some uncooked rice in the container to keep the humidity away from the pollen.

But to be sure about this method some other growers who are actually doing this need to back me up on this.

What I do know is that you can keep the pollen for a year or two max, but it will lose some strength over time.

Key elements are that you store your pollen dry and cold and pack it in a way no moisture can reach it.

Greetz.

is anyone growing these oregon rocket x guerilla gold this season ?

i had about 12 seeds but unfortunately they all dies because i planted them out too early..